If you or someone you know would love to work for a fantastic local nonprofit and support teachers and children, please take a look at or forward these two job opportunities: Development Manager and Program Coordinator, details below.
This position is perfect for a dynamic self-starter who has some experience in development and is passionate about supporting the mission and programs of a charitable organization like Schoolhouse Supplies.
The ideal candidate 1) is detail oriented, 2) has strong written and phone communication skills, 3) feels comfortable using databases and other office technologies to optimize work productivity, 4) likes managing multiple projects, 5) successfully meets multiple concurrent deadlines, 6) enjoys working with team input, 6) has a sense of humor, and 7) is willing to pitch in on tasks small and large. Specific duties and qualifications related to the position are outlined in the job description and announcement which can be found here: https://www.schoolhousesupplies.org/development-manager-job-announcement-2018/
This entry level position works at the heart of Schoolhouse Supplies’ mission. The Program Coordinator manages the flow of products and information into and out of Schoolhouse Supplies, as well as develops and maintains relationships with some of our most important stakeholders: volunteers and product donors.
Program Coordinator is a new position and an opportunity both for candidates seeking to launch their career, as well as shift to the nonprofit sector and apply their project coordination skills used in another industry. The ideal candidate is 1) very good with people, 2) able to lift and move boxes of school supplies, 3) extremely well organized, and 4) skilled at organizing and distilling information and then communicating a clear message to stakeholders. Specific duties and qualifications related to the position are outlined in the job description found here: https://www.schoolhousesupplies.org/program-coordinator-job-announcement-oct-2018/
How to Apply
- Please review the full job description and requested qualifications for the position.
- Please email a resume and letter of interest/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include your last name and position title in the subject line (abbreviations are fine).
- The letter of interest/cover letter can be brief, but do let us know why you want to work for Schoolhouse Supplies and/or some specific examples of how the position aligns with your skills and strengths.
- The review of resumes and candidate interviews will begin immediately and the position is open until filled. Interview preference will be given to candidates who apply by October 29, 2018.
- We would like to fill these positions as soon as possible, but are willing to negotiate mutually agreeable start dates.