Are you a Portland-based business or organization interested in donating supplies but are not able to deliver them? We will match you with a Pick Up Partner VOLUNTEER who will come to your location and pick up your donation within approximately 5-7 business days. We do ask that you have at least 4 boxes (or an equivalent amount) to request a pick up.
At this time we can not accommodate pick ups for classroom clean outs. If you have boxes from a school or locker clean out, please drop them off during our donation hours.
PLEASE NOTE the following details associated with requesting a Pick-Up:
What our volunteer Pick-Up Partner CAN do when picking up a donation:
- Drive to your business location and pick up supplies in their personal vehicle.
- Call ahead of time to let you know when they will be coming or to schedule a pick-up.
- Assist with loading into their personal vehicle
- Bring a tax receipt for your donation
Since our Pick-up Partners are volunteers using their own vehicles, they are UNABLE to do the following:
- Load large quantities of items or large sized items by themselves
- Pay for parking
- Bring a cart or hand-truck
Please be sure to:
- Box up all donation items prior to the pick-up (with the exception of bulletin boards or similar larger items)
- At the time of your request, let us know if there are items that won’t fit into boxes (other than larger furniture, which we can’t accept)
- When filling out the request form, let us know the approximate size of the boxes (i.e. banker boxes, extra-large banker boxes, etc.)
- List parking locations for loading and any other details about the pick-up that may be helpful to someone who has never been to your location
- Provide rolling carts or hand-trucks, if needed
- Provide loading assistance to the volunteer as they will be by themselves
NOTE: We can only pick up supplies from businesses and organizations in the Portland Metro region. Please do not submit a request for a private residence or from outside of that demographic.
If you have any questions about your donation or the pickup process, please call us at (503) 249-9933.