Shopping the Free Store is easy! Teachers are welcome to one shopping trip per scheduled week. When you arrive, follow these simple steps:
- Check in at the front desk with your Portland Public Schools, David Douglas or Parkrose School District ID, or, if you are shopping with a voucher, sign the No ID list.
- Receive a shopping list from the front desk volunteer, who will briefly review the shopping procedures with you.
- Fill out the shopping list as you go; doing so will help to ensure quick and easy check out. Please respect and follow limits.
- Check out and return your shopping list at the front desk. Take a thank you slip. This lists a few of our donors and we ask that you have your students write them thank you notes. You can also send thank you letters to Schoolhouse Supplies and we will share with donors.
Some key reminders:
- Please respect shopping hours: Tuesday – Thursday, 1:00-6:00pm
- Please respect the shopping calendar: shop only one day during each assigned week
- Student teachers are asked to shop with their classroom teacher (one shopping trip per classroom)
- Please respect any posted limits, which help us ensure fair distribution of supplies to all schools
- Teachers are encouraged to bring their own boxes and bags for check out
Click here to go to the page where you can download the Free Store Shopping Calendar that shows your school’s assigned weeks.
Click here to look up your school’s assigned color group for this year.